Camp Lodestar is located in Wilseyville, California, part of Calaveras County, at an elevation of 3000 feet in the sierra foothills. This remote site occupies 425 acres of sweeping meadows and woodlands. Rich with varied ecological environments, Lodestar’s landscape is steeped with gold rush history, as it is found at the heart of mother lode country.
This site is ideal for outdoor education in the Sierra foothills. Massive sugar pine trees and black oaks sway above Native American grinding rocks which inspire a hands-on experience of native daily life. Nearby Mokelumne river’s refreshing ripples can take students back to the gold rush era as they try their luck at hitting the mother lode. Camp Lodestar offers a range of wildlife to study and appreciate along ecologically diverse trails.
- Toad Hall - Lodge with eight bedrooms for 32 persons.
- Dormitories - Two dormitories house 20 persons each.
- Tent Cabins - Eight cabins with shuttered windows & screen doors, sleep 8 people each.
- Leaders Cabin - Available to group leaders, a two bedroom house with living room and kitchen (also used as a Nurse’s cabin.
- Meal Service - homemade meals served buffet-style, served in the dining hall by our friendly staff.
- Dining Hall - Dining and meeting space for large groups, spacious outdoor decks.
- Toad Hall - Small meeting space for groups of 20 or fewer.
- Apricot Hall - Indoor arts & crafts center, adjacent outdoor art platform.
- Amphitheater - Bench seating and lighted stage (for groups of up to 167).
- Campfire Circle - Bench seating around a campfire ring for groups of up to 167.
- WI-FI available in Dining Hall and Leader’s Cabin.
- Volleyball and basketball courts, baseball, ping-pong.
- Large playfield.
- 425 acres for hiking and exploring (self-guided nature trail with informational booklet available).
- Nearby fishing, historic gold rush attractions, unique parks.
- Indian Grinding Rock State Historical Park nearby.
- Phone - (209) 293-4980
- Please Note - To reach a teacher, student, or staff member, call the WOLF Office at (831) 338-8018. In case of an emergency after regular office hours, call the site director for the facility where your program is occurring.
*To learn more about Camp Cazadero and other uses for these facilities other than WOLF School Programs, please visit UCCR.org
6135 Blue Mountain Road
GPS Address: 6135 Schadd Road